Old 07-14-2018, 09:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
boreas

Originally Posted by 2018LizAnon View Post
So now that it's ended, I'm asking myself, "what the hell just happened to the last 2.5 years of my life?"
In my opinion, this is a very important question for you to explore. As others have said, you did indeed dodge a bullet, and time will likely make this clearer by the day.

I was involved in a terrible relationship 20 some years ago which I was relieved to escape, and went on to have a reasonable marriage which ended in divorce. After that, I found myself embroiled in YET ANOTHER s*** storm which I wasted 3 years on. Come to find out, I never answered the question I should have after the first disaster, “Why in the world did I sell myself so cheaply (figuratively), and why did I tolerate such crumbs in a relationship for so long?” Only after addressing my own low self esteem could I rationally say, “No, thisn’t normal or right, and I deserve better”. Patterns tend to repeat if we don’t watch out.

Hope you enjoy the forums, especially Friends and Families as others suggest. It’s eye opening.
-bora