View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SmallButMighty

dawnrising, I know how overwhelming this all feels right now. I remember feeling so sad, hurt and exhausted. I knew my marriage was toxic and it was the right thing to get out of it, but it was hell going through the process. Some one here told me, that her aunt had told her, that the first two years were hell but then it would start to get better... that was about right in my experience. Even though my life started to improve vastly once I was no longer living with him, the grief of the break up stayed with me for quite a while. I couldn't just get over it, or around it, I had to go through it to get it behind me.

Eventually you will stop worrying about what other people think or say, of course no one wants to be the topic of gossip, but you will get to a point where you realize that your Truth is what matters and what other people want to believe is their business. I am a better person since my fiasco of a marriage breakdown with AXH, I wont listen to or put any stock into gossip I hear. I know for a fact those kind of rumours will be severely skewed if not totally false. Everybody has struggles and for other people to take entertainment value from it by gossiping about it is repugnant. I am ashamed I ever participated in that behavior as a younger more arrogant person who thought I had a perfect marriage...like that gave me some right to pass judgement... *sigh*

Try to stay calm and focused. Live your Truth. Hold your head up high. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other as you finish slogging through the rest of this mess. You will get through it, you will be so much stronger when you do. Promise.

Hugs.