View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 04:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
August252015

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
Not being a smartass,but it's really a simple 'one-step process' if you want to remain sober at this wedding; Don't drink. If that's too much currently...Do not go to the wedding and I'm sure the bride would understand and more than likely respect you more for,instead of you drinking because of her wedding.

If someone tried to "force me to drink" drunk or not.. that person and I would have a serious damn problem! Just sayin'.

Edit: Seriously..at a wedding EVERYONE is so caught up in the 'moment' and themselves no one will 'miss you' if you go and then leave early..no offense. However..drink and make an ass outta yourself..you'll be remembered. Trust me...I've been "that guy"!
Echo this entirely.

NO was something I said for quite a long time in my early sobriety. What do I mean by that? I didn't take an out of town trip til 9 mo. I didn't go to my first party til 14 mo. I didn't go to my first WEDDING (out of town weekend, no less) til 17 MONTHS - one of a dear friend.

66 days is super early and I wouldn't have gone.

If you go - a plan like others mention is key.
No one can make you drink.
You decide before hand you will not - it really is just another day. I can promise you as a bride once before (I got married again, last Dec, as a recovered person) - I cared that people came but I absolutely did NOT connect with them all. The day was honestly about me.

Carry a water bottle, or get a club soda and lime at every part where there is alcohol - looks plenty like a vodka soda if you decide that's (still) important to you.

Leave when you get the teeniest - I mean it, very least bit- "squirrelly". You won't regret that nearly as much as you will drinking.

Let us know what you decide.