View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 10:56 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
daveycrockett

I actually did speak to a lawyer about a year ago from some legal aid service. The lawyer wasn't any help. She just told me not to worry about it. From my experience when any thing is free or low cost it is not nearly as good as paying. But there's no way I can pay anything.

I didn't think to inquire about a payment plan. That's a good idea. I'm not exactly sure how a tax sale works but I think it is almost like an auction. The house goes to highest bidder.

A few weeks ago I did talk to him about the truck. I said maybe we can sell it and he asked what am I gonna drive. I don't think he understands the seriousness of my situation. The truck is worth $12,000.00 so that would help a lot. Then I told him to just give me enough to pay the taxes. I bought a set of four tires for the truck they're still brand new and their at his house. They are worth over a thousand dollars.

He's not really good at doing things like making phone calls for things. He's a procrastinator. He doesn't even make calls for himself unless he really has to. He does know everything that is going on.