View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 07:06 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Juno11

Hi all, just checking in real quick before hitting the sack. I'm tired but strangely upbeat at the same time! My son successfully finished a programming course this week, so I'm feeling kind of happy about that.

PaigeMasters, our kids are almost the same ages! Mine are 15, 17 and 19 (oldest is a girl in college, younger two are boys). It is really chaos at times. I noticed when all 3 are at my house I'm running the dishwasher 2, even 3 times a day. Right now I just have the 2 boys at home and have noticed an uptick in the dishes even going from 1 to 2 kids. When all 3 are home that's when things really start to get crazy... but for now I'm hanging in there! I also LOATHE grocery shopping... I can totally relate to that! And yet I find myself there more nights than not. I just went tonight and surprisingly, I didn't find it so bad. That's a win!

Lgrhe - I also did school supply shopping last weekend (right before my dreaded relapse, in fact). I was feeling so ahead of the game! To be fair, one of my kids starts school in July (he's in special ed and goes mostly year round) so it was time to go, but what a nice feeling getting in there before the crowds take over and you're fighting for that last binder/folder or pack of pencils on the shelves, LOL...

I hope everyone else is doing fine! I am committed to not drinking and feeling pretty upbeat about it. Happy weekend, everyone!