View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 11:37 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  
PaigeMasters

Originally Posted by Juno11 View Post
Day 5 here. I have been trying to read and keep up with everyone's posts, but not much time to post myself all week. My work is very busy this week (which is good) and I have been to 1 meeting and 2x yoga, also connected with friends on the phone.

PaigeMasters, I also have 3 kids. How old are your kids? Mine are all teens. I'm a little nervous because I think they might all be at my house this weekend. All week it has just been me and my middle son and it has been very calm and serene, things under control. When I have all 3 here I tend to get stressed and ovewhelmed. They all eat different things, make so many messes and I'm constantly running to the grocery store trying to feed them. Anyway, I'll be sure to post over the weekend.

I can tell you that I'm NOT going to drink again. I'm getting together in a couple of weeks with my good friends from college and I've already told them just mocktails for me. I really have to remember how sick I got last time. I can never allow that to happen again. Later, all!
Hi Juno!

I also have three teenagers. I have 16 year old boy/girl twins and an 18 year old (almost 19 year old daughter who attends college and lives at home). Boy do I understand the chaos!

I can relate to everything you just said! It can be very taxing. I had to accept a while back that the grocery store is likely going to be a part of my daily routine, despite the fact that I LOATHE it. And I cannot win for meals. I have decided I don’t care though! I will make healthy meals and if they don’t like it that’s on them!

I am never going to drink again either. I used to be afraid to say that because I thought it was a maladaptive mindset and would eventually backfire. I went to AA and thought I needed to stick to the “one day at a time“ mentality. But, that really did not work for me. Since I’ve committed to never drinking again and tuning into my AV I am doing a lot better. This is the right path for me.

Update us on your weekend with the kids.

Happy Friday and wishing every one of you a sober weekend.

Paige