View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 02:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
MissPerfumado

I think now that the point of life is to appreciate the gift that it is.

These are deeply personal beliefs that I will put down here so I hope you will bear with me.

I think we are spirits here in physical form, and although within this physical form we are limited, it is our spiritual form which is our true selves and far more divine, compassionate and powerful than we understand while here.

Physical form gives our true spiritual selves an experience we would not otherwise have - it is why the sensory physical experience can be so amazing and why experiencing love in the flesh so delicious at times.

What seems to us hardship on this physical plane is something we have chosen for ourselves for the experience of it.

Since you brought up Jesus, I have a personal belief about him too. The spiritual form of Jesus was one of the most exemplary ever to take human form. But his exemplary spirit is something we can all aspire to demonstrate while here. It is in fact one of the points of this physical experience.

When I was utterly down and out in my drinking, I did reach out to Jesus. It's not something I say very often even here on this forum. I asked him for help because I didn't know who else to ask. It's my belief that the extremely compassionate spirit embodied in the man Jesus did indeed help me.