View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 09:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
liz…..I admire how you are dealing with his family.....
It isn't always possible to keep such good relationships, when breakups happen, but when it can...I think it is a wonderful thing....
Thanks Dandy. His family is the complete opposite of him. He always threw them under the bus because none of them had college degrees and he had his masters and was an officer in the military, blah blah blah.....

anyway, the bf texted me from the cruise earlier this week. He wants an explanation as to how I ended a 3 year relationship in just one week. And, then he said he's in shock because he was planning on proposing this week. Seriously???? Oh, and he asked me to do him a favor and go to the RV dealership to pick up parts for him since he won't have time after he gets off the cruise.

Umm, say what? So, you accuse me of cheating? You won't listen to the evidence I presented. And, you tell me via text that you were going to propose?? The convo didn't go anywhere because I didn't believe him and because I see it as a manipulative ploy to get me to think twice about leaving or changing my mind. We never discussed marriage and he always threw it under the bus. I feel like it was all a game to him.

The last incident we had regarding my SUV was kinda the last straw for me as far as me starting to set an exit plan. He had put 2K down on my car on his credit card. I assumed it was because he wanted to use my car to take the trailer camping and he knew it would be wear and tear on the vehicle. I was wrong and learned I shouldn't make assumptions because 3 weeks later he asked me to write him a check for 2K. I had to liquidate a mutual fund and I was mad because I could have financed the whole amount. He is my financial advisor. He knew my situation. And, all I kept thinking was that he wanted the hotel points on his AmEx card and he didn't give 2 sh*ts about my financial situation. Now, maybe I'm wrong or maybe I'm clueless? I don't know but the whole thing gave me a bad taste in my mouth and I've pretty much been edging the second foot out the door, so to speak.

So, he comes home on Saturday. I'll be completely out of this house. I'm basically dog sitting for him, you know because I'm a nice person. And, then we'll see how and when he wants to talk because I don't want to talk to him. He doesn't listen to me. He shuts me down. And, in many ways, he's just like my XAH....but then he's not.

Anyway, that's the update on this story!