View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 03:45 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
trailmix

The contempt of court charges. Yes, you need a lawyer. You must have free or low cost lawyers in your area? Here we have what is called legal aid and you an speak to a lawyer for little to no charge. I would start there.

At the same time, you can perhaps also speak with a lawyer that deals in real estate and get a take on what you can expect regarding your taxes, before you call the tax office.

The most important is probably the taxes, you need a place to live. I'd call them as soon as possible (hopefully after consulting a real estate lawyer), find out exactly what you owe and offer to pay as much as you can, say $1500.00. Then you have $500.00 as a buffer to make monthly payments while you sort everything out, perhaps selling your truck for the balance. They want your money not a sale, saves them money. See if they will agree to a monthly payment plan.

Perhaps your Son will give the truck back to you, ask him.

Now if you are unable to make these calls, perhaps you can call your Son, let him know you have some things you really need to talk to him about and have him come over. Then come clean - ask for his help with the taxes and warrants, ask if he can seek out legal aid.

Yes, that's how agoraphobia starts. You do something - hmm anxiety, ok, do something else, hmm panic attack. Then the fear starts. Well what if I - do whatever - and have a panic attack - what if I start getting anxiety and don't feel good. Eventually the fear keeps you from doing anything pretty much. The only defense is to do it anyway. Slowly, baby steps, again. You are on the right path.