Thread: Paws
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 02:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
August252015

I always recommend that article, too.

This is a common topic so you might use the search function to see lots of varied responses.

IME, and I was VERY ill when I quit drinking, I went through just about every PAWS systems I've ever heard about. I'll spare you the graphic details - I thought of it as every bit of alcohol rolling out of my body from head to toe, causing the symptoms, pain and sickness as it went.

The article above shares about the first 6 mo, year, and possibly two years of healing many of us experience. No one's experience is exactly the same and as people often note here, PAWS is not a diagnosed condition, it's a cluster of symptoms.

Taking care of myself- eating again, hydrating, sleeping, essentially coming bck to life- was what I could do besides not drink; a good team of drs also helped (still do), and it took time.

The only way to never experience any of this stuff again is not to drink. I also found that as I went through all that- and I had various symptoms throughout my first year, and into my second - I have been able to identify things NOT caused by drinking, and deal with those.

Best to you.