View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 10:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
2muchpain

Originally Posted by Laura3 View Post
I'm not one of these I lost my house, family, career etc because of drinking. Those things were already gone. There's nothing to recover. The only reason I could see to quit would be to have a relationship in my life but they never worked out for me and besides the occasional loneliness I don't think I really want a relationship.
Maybe a good reason to quit drinking is because it gets in the way of you having a good relationship with yourself. Sometimes, it just comes down to that. My history of relationships is pretty bad too, so I can relate to that. The only relationship I have control over is the relationship I have with myself. My plans now are to do what I can to improve the quality of my life, and drinking definitely gets in the way of this. So, what can you do now to improve the quality of your life? I do a lot of things by myself, but it helps me to see a purpose to living. I go to the gym. I go to movies. I just got back from a road trip. Got another one planned in a few weeks.
I hope you don't give up on having relationships, cause it sure helps a lot. But in the meantime, be your own best friend and treat yourself the way you would treat others. Take care. John