View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 08:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
LadyBug66

Originally Posted by Mummyto2 View Post
Said I am an alcoholic, saw her in town and she ignored me, so said to my boy that's strange, and then he told me, and he said you always said tell the truth, can't tell you how bad I feel right now
Both my parents were alcoholics and very abusive. So many things us children were made to keep private.... secret. Secrets are so hard on kids. Because of my parents making us kids keep their dirty secrets I have made a big stand and am very honest with my children. When I quit drinking I told my kids. When there has been a family issue that wasn't great and embarrassing .... I told my kids and explained the details. Be honest with your son at his age appropriate level. He will respect you more and will be more supportive. Regarding the woman.... I have been guilty of not letting my kids, when they were younger, play with a child who's parents were drug addicts or alcoholics because of fear of an unsafe environment. It hurts when you know you are being talked about or snubbed but let your actions speak for how you are improving not only yourself but your families lives. You got this!