View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 05:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Truth is harsh, but facing it is necessary.

I also have found that worrying about what other people think of me is a way of thinking that keeps me drunk. My addiction loves that.

And a woman that would tell that to their child or your child or both? Nuff said. It'd be one thing if she said to you "I believe you have a problem with drink" but to say it to a child? Very irresponsible.

I still have times, plenty of them, where I have these memory bubbles. Memories of regrettable behavior flood in and I just have to see them, groan for a moment, then realize I don't ever have to be that way again. Yesterday while walking the dog I had a particularly groan worthy memory of me singing karoke at a 4th of july weekend while smashed among people who thought I didn't drink. That was interesting. Groan. Oh yeah, its over. And those people aren't in my life (imagine that?).

Hang in there. And remind yourself, you never have to be drunk again. That's a cool thought huh? And, if you're anything like me, you're stubborn. Show her who's boss? You? or the Alcohol?