View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 09:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
csilvers1984

From detox to rehab to 30 days sober!!

Copied from my FB post!!

"Today is very special for me and my family as I celebrate 30 days in recovery from alcoholism/addiction!!

This is the longest continuous sobriety in my life in over 10yrs!!

For most of my life I have struggled with anxiety,depression,low self worth, and many other vises which led me to addiction. Addiction has consumed a lot of my potential to be the man I've needed to be for myself,my relationships and my family.

As of May 5th I set out with a goal for sobriety. It was a slow start and eventually led me to a medical detox facility and a residential treatment facility. This was the best decision of my life!!

I never thought I was better than addiction or living a miserable addictive life. I never felt like I was worth anything......until this year.

I want to thank everyone who has stood beside me throughout my life. Everyone who didn't give up on me!! I love you all and I'm sorry for the pain you had to endure with my addiction.

My new life started with Jesus Christ as my guide!! I couldn't have made it through this without him and my wonderful support system!!

And to the woman who held onto me,pushed me,supported me and has built me up over the last 8 months.....I love you so much Brittany Johnson !! You and Carson mean the world to me!!

Thank you Lord for giving me another day sober!!"

I owe a big thanks to all of you also! You helped me through one of the hardest times of my life.