Thread: Day 1 ... again
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 02:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
BDTL
Vietnam Vet

Originally Posted by dunc88 View Post
Day 1

I can't say I'm excited or feeling particularly positive about it - in fact, today I feel quite depressed about the thought of never having drunken fun again - but I know I need to do this if I'm ever going to have a chance at happiness. The last several years have been extremely painful - I have to keep reminding myself that. I may as well give the alternative, sobriety, a go. It's a leap of faith but I really don' t have anything to lose.

I look forward to using this forum to keep track of my progress!
I suggest you read the book: The Disease to Please

Curing the People-Pleasing Syndrome by: Ph.D. Harriet Braiker

I would love for you to sit down and chat with two of my AA buddies. One has stage 4 cancer of the Pancreas and my other friend is waiting on a liver transplant. They will tell you they use to enjoy the night life too however now days they enjoy each day given them. Tomorrow could be their last.

You're still young so now is the time to turn your life around and make a plan to live life with a different goal. Not like the goal of seeing how hammered you can get by daylight but a instead a goal of how healthy you can get your body in the next few months. Once you are up and strong again there is no limit to what you can achieve. I truly hope you learn the value of your time left on this earth and not take a moment for granted.