Old 07-09-2018, 01:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

Through the lens of AVRT , the Beast can't make you do anything. The thousands of times before you agreed with the AV and its ideas of acting to indulge the desire(the Beast).

Deciding to never use again, making a BP, and using the technique of addictive voice recognition, you are actively scanning your thoughts and filtering out, separating from any ideas of acting on the desire.

Don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable, but using the shifting exercises lets you feel the wriggling and reinforce the idea that you are in control and no amount of wriggle can 'make' you give it up .

In another thread a few weeks ago the idea was floated that several of us would make a plan to drink at a later date, a plan made to prove the failure thereof.

I always lamented never have tried a certain bourbon, decided to google the availability of the vintage on a recent vacay. Forgot to look for the places it was available while in NOLA( I get to say that now that I've been, lol) . Funnier part is the way google works, now almost all the banner ads I see are for Pappy Van Winkle's , even funnier part almost no Beast activity from that exercise, no panting regretful ruing about deprivation. Which in turn makes me think perhaps just a sampling wouldn't be that bad, oh there it is