Thread: End of Journey
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 07:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
cotwo

Originally Posted by MissPerfumado View Post
I'm 2.5 years sober so not a super-long time in the scheme of things. But my thoughts FWIW.

I like coming to SR which is why I'm still on this forum. This is just a really nice site with lots of nice people. Plus I kind of know the regulars. It's a warm friendly place for me.

I like to read and I like to comment when I think I've got something helpful to say. It's a kind of service, I guess. It's a kind of past-time too. For me, it's not about keeping myself reminded about alcohol at all.

Also, it's not my perspective that I was somehow defective because of alcohol and now I've got to treat myself and get to a point of being better or "fixed". The whole thing is a journey - the drinking and the recovery - and everyday is about improving myself in some way. Becoming a better person isn't a hassle to me.
This is actually where i think i was going with this. It seems that a lot of people in recovery, made recovery a hobby. I am not one, to want to make this a hobby. I would love to help people if i could, but i am just not interested in helping people in addiction for life.

I respect that you can do this, for myself it would cause anxiety. People sign up to become a priest, and have a choice. If that makes any sense.