Thread: End of Journey
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 06:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cotwo

End of Journey

I see people in long time sobriety, still posting on forums, still attending meetings, still actively getting support. Does this journey ever end? Or is this a permanent screwing for life?

I can totally understand being 5 months sober, i need to do everything right now to stay on track, but in 5 years from now?

Do i really need to be on recovery websites, attending groups, STILL talking about alcohol every single day?

For the people attending meetings 15 years latter after non drinking, do you still need support? Don't you see it as a hassle, to have to get in your car, drive to a location, and discuss drinking, In that long period of time are you still thinking about there is a possibility that you will go back to drinking?

I am feeling agitated today, and thankful that my tools have been working for myself, but i cant phantom the idea of having to live the rest of my life lift this. I want the journey to recovery to end, with out relapsing. Am I being realistic?

If im not, im just not sure if i can live the rest of my life, with the constant thought of alcohol EVERY single day. The feeling is not in fear of relapse, i would find it super annoying to discuss a topic 5 years latter, then i no longer have in my life.