View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 04:22 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
andyh
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by Lizajane View Post
Hey Purps...I would have loved that trip. I am fascinated by cats. So beautiful, athletic, smart and ....dangerous! Amazing hunters, especially tigers!
Gilmer: thank you. I was looking for a new one and it jumped right out at me, something I would share with my students.
Badgerden...a cow that would get drunk on apples? Too funny.
Gilmer: I used to live in Simsbury, CT and black bears came into the neighborhood all the time. They sort of knew the garbage days and roamed the neighborhoods trying to figure out how to open the large usually bear proof "lunch boxes". The kids all knew to be on the lookout and we had to keep them inside on garbage days! My new town, called WILDWOOD...has it's name from the amazing woods that surround it. Down the road is a good sized state park with protected forest. So one would think people moving into this suburb would expect wild animals to coexist with them. My neighborhood network has people posting warnings about coyotes and foxes all the time. My husband and I just shake our heads. We understood sharing the black bear siting last week but how you would think it was even possible that coyotes and foxes did NOT live the woods behind your home is nuts. So I came across this to post in the network online news page! Enjoy....

thanks LJ, this is hilarious

was there another poster about bears wearing hats & neckties making off with pic-a-nic baskets?