Old 07-08-2018, 06:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Samson23

AH in recovery, not respecting boundaries

So the week after we moved into our new house, my AH’s drinking spiraled out of control. He lost job, insurance, etc. and stayed out drinking for days. I called cops for a wellness check (he was in a park), they brought him to ER, he went through a 10 day detox and is now in a sober living house. I asked him to do his recovery off of the island we live on and he came here anyway. Sober house is 5 miles from me and our 2 year old daughter. I asked him not to be in touch until he hit 30 days sober. He’s at about 20 and he has texted nearly every day, saying he’s sorry, he’s lonely, he’s feeling hopeless, he misses us, etc. etc. etc. I told him he needs to rebuild himself, not to keep turning to me. He said all the other guys he lives with visit their families and it is crushing him not to see us. I’m still so dumbfounded about everything that’s happened in the last month that I don’t feel ready to see him. Am I being unfair? Why can’t he respect my boundaries? I’m trying to keep myself sane/stable in a brand new demanding job and most importantly stay positive for our daughter. I’ve gone to one al-anon meeting and will continue at least once a week. Any advice?