View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 08:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Gottalife
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Welcome Kid, it is good you came here. I had a pretty rough time in my youth. By your age I had few friends left and was not far off being locked up. Alcoholism was my problem and I suppose the greatest harm it did to me was cost me all my opportunities in life.

The good news is there is hope. I woke up one morning, one of many, feeling a lot like you do, and called for help. I was 22 then, and never took another drink after that day. Back in those days I was one of the younger ones, but now we have folks recovering in their early teens. It's like once no one though a young person could run into addiction problems so quickly, but now we know different.

You could try some of the local help lines. Maybe try AA and see if there is a young peoples group nearby. I go to one back in my own country and it always impresses the hell out of me how delightful these folks are, and how they look out for each other. It is a pretty wonderful group.

Thre is help available, you are not on your own. Keep posting here too. We'd love to try and help.