View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 02:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
DontRemember

Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
Yeah, my experiments with “only on the weekend” etc. have never worked out.

It’s weird, tho, because I’ve been drinking for like 35 years, and my consumption has decreased. When I was 30, I’d down a 12-pack on the weekend nights, and the better part of a 6-pack on school nights. Most recently, it’s been a six pack, max. I can’t take the hangovers anymore.

Oddly, this change hasn’t made it any easier to quit. If anything, it’s been harder to abstain. Kinda surprising for me.
I **knew** my drinking was becoming problematic when I joined here and I started 'taming it down'. I think(?) it was 2yrs later that I crashed my truck absolutely obliterated! The court forced me into AA(I'm not an avid AA'er),but it was then that I accepted I needed to change my lifestyle. Nothing wrong with being sober. I have friends that are 'jealous' of me and that trips me out..I'm like "dude..stop drinking maybe?" I guess it's a bit odd with me saying that to them after my bs I've done and suprisingly lived through,but I can see their progression into it. Pure madness over nonsense really.