View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 01:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Treebeard

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
Like I was told when I joined here "If you have to ask...odds are". Also no one accidentaly finds this place. Seems you know there's an issue with your drinking and 'normal drinkers' don't talk themselves into/out of drinking. It's a non issue for most and it will get worse with time. My exAgf would come up with some elaborate 'reasons' to go to the bar for food. As if that's the only place that serves it? LOL I didn't notice until I started getting sober and then the extent of my drinking excuses were clear as day "Little league world series is on..lets go to the bar!" Stupid crap like that..Insane! Glad to be out of that nonsense!

Edit: Also..It's a winless battle trying to 'outsmart the drink' and be able to have a few now and then. Trust me...I've tried. My 'partying' is done for good and that's fine with me.
Yeah, my experiments with “only on the weekend” etc. have never worked out.

It’s weird, tho, because I’ve been drinking for like 35 years, and my consumption has decreased. When I was 30, I’d down a 12-pack on the weekend nights, and the better part of a 6-pack on school nights. Most recently, it’s been a six pack, max. I can’t take the hangovers anymore.

Oddly, this change hasn’t made it any easier to quit. If anything, it’s been harder to abstain. Kinda surprising for me.