View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 04:08 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

On Overs you should remember I wore out two pairs of kneecaps kicking myself in the hindquarters when my two best friends died and no one told me until it was too late to tell them they were loved, and to thank them for being in my life.

I blamed myself for not calling enough and being there for them. We lived far apart, having both been Fulltime RVrs for years, who came off the road, again like me. We still drove or flew every year or three to visit. Their wives were my good friends too. My best friend had cancer and was caring for his wife with Alzheimer's. We knew about her but he withheld about his cancer. I didn't know he was dealing with it.

The other's wife, also a buddy, cared for him the last month in Vegas. She had her daughter call me the day he died because she couldn't be the bearer of that news to me, his best friend.

You have saved us, all your friends, from wearing out any more kneecaps, by letting us know you are on the threshold, in time for us to thank you for being in our lives. Like you were driving home from our house, and looked back and tapped your horn, giving a last wave and smile, in return for ours.

Thanks for being in my life, and for sharing on and off SR.

Thanks