View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 12:58 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
mirrorball

Morning peeps! Woke up feeling really good about my decision to quit today. I guess over the years I have kind of accepted the price I paid for my addiction as just what I had to put up with to feed the beast, but no more! Can see now with fresh eyes just how much it has cost me over the years and not just financially, My relationship with my partner is stronger this week.. I realise now that it was like having an affair being in active addiction, like the beast of addiction was sitting between us all the time competing for my affections.

Even though I have deleted numbers for dealers my stupid beast brain was trying to recall one this morning that I'd learned off my heart some time ago. Its so sneaky.. wormed its way in by saying 'I'm sure you've forgotten that number, let's just check to be sure' and then made me try and recall it until I did. Sneaky little beast, why did I fall for it??

Well done Futurehope for doing so well so far. In answer to your question, depends how close you are to your friend but I always think honesty is good in these situations - can you explain you have a problem and you're trying to avoid temptation? I guess you don't want to limit what your friend does/where she goes, and you can't avoid pubs forever, but just make them aware a little of what you're going through? If you're anything like me, in the past you may have avoided saying you have a problem as if you then give up and go back to it, well it's a bit embarrassing. But if you're done for good then this won't be an issue and it's just AV talking!

I had to come clean to my friend at the weekend as I went out but was on a bit of a downer and had a lot on my mind with my decision to quit, and she kept asking if I was ok. In the end I told her what I was going through a little (she knows I've used in the past, but didn't realise it was still a big issue for me). But she's a good friend, I'm not sure I would trust some of my other friends with this.

Good luck to everyone today.