View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 10:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Absolutely - my anxiety became much, much worse towards the end of my drinking. I cannot say if the drinking/withdrawing made it worse or not, but quite frankly "why" it got worse is kind of irrelevant.

If it's to the point of keeping you in bed then it's definitely a problem - and not a small one. Quitting alcohol was a big help for me but that in itself was not a solution to my Anxiety. Just as I needed to accept that I had an alcohol problem, I needed to accept that I had an anxiety problem too. And that was confirmed by seeing a therapist where I was quickly diagnosed with GAD and Health Anxiety.

My advice would be to stop drinking and see a therapist. Most clinics have sliding scale fees if you don't have insurance yet. And quite honestly, if you go to an independant clinic an initial assessment probably won't cost you much more out of pocket than a couple weeks worth of alcohol anyway.

I know it's really hard to take action in this state - believe me I've been there - bit that's really what you need to do.