Old 07-02-2018, 07:08 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Gilmer

Thanks for the kind words, Free.

Congratulations, Vman!

ML, it is possible that this rehab is not an effective scene for you—but if I were you, I would do everything I could within reason to lay low. I know that’s hard, because they keep putting you on the spot.

One thing you can do to get the PTSD staffer off your case: compose yourself and make your soul very still—then approach him calmly and sincerely and say, “I’m sorry I upset you.”

You wouldn’t be apologizing for any kind of wrongdoing, because you didn’t do anything wrong. In fact, you were in the right.

But you never wished to make anyone upset, so your apology would be honest.

For you to disarm yourself would likely disarm him, too.

But you have to make your spirit calm to pull it off. Get to the point where you genuinely don’t care what he says.

If you make peace with him, at least you will have a clear conscience within yourself that you did everything you could.

The idea may fly in the face of everything that seems just and natural, but the risk might pay off.

And if not, you haven’t lost anything except maybe a bit of pride. Recovery is more important than pride.

Run it by your counselor first to be sure. I’m not the one experiencing your situation, so maybe I’m wrong.

In any case, I hope you have a good day.