View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 01:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by mirrorball View Post
Thanks.. but as I get used to saying 'no' won't it get easier to do so? As I'll be forming new neural connections, that of not giving in as opposed to giving in.
The neural connection AVRT makes is a ‘short circuit’ with the word NEVER regarding ANYTHING to do with YOU acting upon your BEAST’s Addictive Voice. It cuts short any acting upon that old desire. That short circuit in my mind allows me to spend no more than a ten seconds per year on recovery.
Originally Posted by mirrorball
I'm struggling with the concept of making a decision at one point in time that is binding on all other decisions in the future. That seems to be to be saying 'I won't do x because I decided at point y in the past that I wouldn't do x again'... Is that essentially what the big plan is?
Yes.
What is to stop someone 'changing their mind' about not changing their mind? Just the fact that you gave your word to yourself?
YES!
Is a BP pretty much just a promise to yourself?
YES!!, YESSS!!! You’ve GOT IT!
Isn’t it AMAZING?
Your loved ones will sooner or later catch on, too, that you’ve REALLY DONE IT. TRUST CAN RETURN.

The BP has been around as the pledge of abstinence for thousands of years. It has been taken by millions of people. But even if YOU or I were to be the very first and only one to do it? The BP would STILL be a perfect IRONCLAD barrier against your or my future use of mind altering chemicals.