Old 06-30-2018, 07:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
MindfulMan
No Dogma Please

I was amazed to discover that normal people DIDN'T plan for their next drink, or plan their activities to be sure that drinking or drugs were involved, and didn't drink or drug until the supply was gone, and didn't need to force themselves to stop so that they could drive home or function the next day. I thought EVERYBODY wanted a party!

As it turns out, most people who party normally aren't like that at all. They fancy a drink or two, and if there is no more, then so be it. They don't have to know where the bar is at a concert first thing. They can do social events on weeknights because the way not to be hung over the next day is...just don't drink.

WHAT A CONCEPT.

I heard a great share at a CA meeting from a woman that was addicted to pretty much everything, but coke was the big beast. She was going through her story and a typical day, and she must have said the phrase "Anyone want to do a line"? 30 times in the course of the story. Eventually someone said "No, everyone DOESN'T want a line." This shocked her at the time.