Old 06-30-2018, 05:43 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  
skyfullofstars

Thanks Gilmer, I do wonder how I would have reacted if I had been tipsy too. If I would have reacted badly and fought fire with fire or made a stupid joke out of it that he wouldn't have found funny in that type of rage.

It would most definitely have been one of those two; I was almost always either a cocky, aggressive drunk or a cocky, wise cracking drunk. But sober me minded my own business, got on with my job and remained calm. Like you said, I kept my nose clean which is a relieving feeling

Excuse me while I just polish my halo here!

Quitnow4, do you think your alcohol voice is maybe romaticising drinking a little to try and reel you in again? In the pub I see the regulars having a few pints, chatting with their mates and never getting tipsy, just relaxed. Or people enjoying a glass (A glass, madness!) of wine with their dinner.

It is hard not to miss booze when you watch 'normal' drinkers who drink because they are enjoying it, not because they have/need to. I just remind myself I am not like them and never will be again. The ability to have a few drinks before going home and not having any more is loooooooong behind me.

Take a drive through any town centre after 2am and the ugly reality shows. Nothing good happens after 2am when alcohol is involved.