View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 05:35 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Hey newme

I agree that you have handled yourself very well. That will serve you well in your recovery....the ability to hear all messages and take what works for you.

AA is by no means a necessity here so please don't stop posting. If you decide to try out a meeting that is your business. When you do that is also your business. I have learned a lot in AA, but it is not the only 'method' I use.

One thing I try to do here is share from my personal experience. If a post resonates with me I share what my experience has been with what I believe I'm reading. Others just post straight up advice. Which is fine but I think far less effective. Not only does posting from my experience possibly demonstrate to the reader that I have 'been there' but it also forces me to shine the light on my own actions. In other words, it reminds me that I was exactly where the poster is.

In my humble opinion if more posters shared their personal experience, posts would be more effective and less 'harsh'. But that's just me. Never was very good at taking direction!

Hang in there.