View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 05:00 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Newme2018

Originally Posted by MissPerfumado View Post
Alcoholism runs in my family. So I guess I was born with this disease. Luckily - for a deadly disease - it has an easy and foolproof cure. Stop drinking alcohol.

Chin up, Newme. There's been some real tough love on this thread, but the advice has been excellent. Find the strength within yourself.

I'm a single woman, so had no hubby to either criticise or enable my drinking or support or sabotage my sobriety. It has obviously been up to me from the get-go. I used to think it was a blessing actually to be on my own and not have to consider someone else in all this. Now I think it really doesn't matter. Achieving sobriety is always an inside job.
I believe it runs in my family too....my father abused alcohol but stopped when i was born and was able to drink normally later in his life so I didn't grow up with an alcoholic parent. I have an uncle who drinks daily all day....and cousins who abuse alcohol....but out of them all...I think I'm the worst case :/ Anyway thank you for sharing and for the encouragement I need...as well as the truth! Congrats on your sobriety...I hope to get there too 🙏