View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 02:55 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Newme2018

Originally Posted by eyes99 View Post
We’re spending too much time talking about your husband. It’s distracting you from talking about yourself. I’m not sure hubby is going to leave you, he might just be sick and tired. But the only way to have a chance to get your life back together is to get sober. I’m sure you’ve said a million things to hubby before about not drinking. He’s not going to believe anything until you...actually stop drinking.

This isn’t the time to be demanding his support. But maybe you can earn it by taking the appropriate steps to get sober. If you actually start making moves, he might just join in. This is a problem that you created, you’ve hurt him, and now it’s your job to fix it.

You can’t realy blame him for being angry can you? But he might get over it if you start taking real responsibility. That means taking care of yourself independently. Because by blaming him for not being supportive, you’re making your alcoholism his fault.

My two cents. And my hubs didn’t leave me, thank goodness. This can pass, but you have to own it.
Thank you for your encouraging words! When you say I created this..im not sure I understand. I thought alcoholism was not a choice.....I didn't wake up one day and say I want to be a drunk. Drinking however I know is which is my bad. Thing is....hubby and I drink together....its something we've always done for "fun"...till its not fun anymore. Even after knowing my problem...he would still drink with me....so it would just make things harder for me to not pick up again. But game is over now....and I DO take full responsibility. One of my fears has been that he will no longer find me fun and will find someone else. But at this point it doesn't matter....because he will for sure leave me if I keep going.