View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 01:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
eyes99

We’re spending too much time talking about your husband. It’s distracting you from talking about yourself. I’m not sure hubby is going to leave you, he might just be sick and tired. But the only way to have a chance to get your life back together is to get sober. I’m sure you’ve said a million things to hubby before about not drinking. He’s not going to believe anything until you...actually stop drinking.

This isn’t the time to be demanding his support. But maybe you can earn it by taking the appropriate steps to get sober. If you actually start making moves, he might just join in. This is a problem that you created, you’ve hurt him, and now it’s your job to fix it.

You can’t realy blame him for being angry can you? But he might get over it if you start taking real responsibility. That means taking care of yourself independently. Because by blaming him for not being supportive, you’re making your alcoholism his fault.

My two cents. And my hubs didn’t leave me, thank goodness. This can pass, but you have to own it.