View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 01:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

He's my husband...I confide in him...I look to him for comfort. Just a hug maybe and a "its going to be ok" "we will figure this out together"....or maybe just a "do what you gotta do to get better" "don't worry about the kids, go to an AA meeting"

he's also see you get totally wasted and seen the wreckage in the aftermath. he HAS been there......for years. your drinking is certainly a problem for him, but your sobriety is something YOU have to do.

he could be worried that even with the best of intentions, you head out the door for a "meeting" and come home hammered. he could be worried that you really just don't CARE enough about any of them to do whatever it takes to get well. he could be worried about the safety of his children in your care. now you want hugs and hand pats.....might be a bit more than he has to give right now.

we addicts are takers. gobblers of good and kind. we'll devour ever inch given, every chance. now is your chance to bring it all to a halt. make the commitment to not drink again under any circumstances, ever, period. EV.ER. and then get busy figuring out what keeps driving you to seek oblivion.