View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 09:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Katzen

Hi all and thanks for the great replies. I was awake all night browsing the internet and drinking apple juice, then around 6 am I vomited, and twice more after that I assume I caught a bug because the juice didn’t make me sick earlier. And it’s not withdrawals, I was mostly sober about a year (wine on special occasions) until I got very plastered in March, and vowed never ever again. After being up all night finally fell asleep around 8 am, slept less than an hour though because I had to run to the bathroom and vomit. Good thing about having this mystery bug is I was going to go grocery shopping today and have been feeling tempted to buy “just one” bottle of wine, so being sick I don’t want to risk going out so home I stay, sober. Now my dogs are wide awake running around the house being frisky and pouncing on me so won’t be able to get back to sleep for maybe another hour when they get tuckered out.

Many years ago a friend recommended I try melatonin, I took one and slept about 24 hours just getting up for bathroom breaks, not sure if I might have had a bug but haven’t tried it since. I need to try meditating but can’t seem to manage it, my mind ends up wandering and I start thinking about my life, husband and I are no longer on speaking terms have no idea if/when we’ll get divorced, start thinking about stuff I have no control over, certainly not in the middle of the night, but my mind won’t let me relax and sleep without alcohol.