View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 08:30 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Originally Posted by Cosima11 View Post
Just wanted to say I can totally relate to your post. I feel like a lot of my drinking relationships were super co-dependent and I just cannot imagine a healthy or normal friendship including endless guilt trips and manipulation about needing to hang out constantly or mesh our lives together in ridiculous ways. Still kind of surrounding myself with drinkers but not partaking, our priorities are not the same and that's abundantly clear now. Learning it's true you have to surround yourself with people who are doing what you want to be doing.. but still struggling to figure out how to let sober friendships grow organically. Going with the sibling comment I am the oldest, so I'm extremely loyal and protective of people I choose to be close to but that's always come with the price of self-sacrifice.

Bimini, what did you decide to do after real estate if you don't mind me asking? If serving is like speed dating real estate is like marriage and yeah sometimes I feel like I don't know if it's such a good idea because I have a deep seated fear of commitment thank you very much, lol. I wanted to learn the ropes and then move on to flipping houses but I'm realizing even that is going to require a huge amount of networking and maintaining of long term relationships. But I'll never know until I try so that's what I've decided to do at this point.
I just saw this.

Real Estate sales just wasn't for me - and not just because of the extended-time relationships. I'm a woman and there are too many dangerous situations I had to put myself in while showing houses and/or holding open houses. Some bad stuff happened in my brokerage office and I decided it was too dangerous.

So I went back to restaurants after Real Estate. I still would do that again - it's a straight-forward, honest, fast paced, physical job that I could do for 25-40 hours per week depending on what I felt like - all of which are things that I'm attracted to.

Right now I'm not working. I'm also attracted to that.