Thread: Advice Please
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 09:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

All Or Nothing

Maybe the greater and deeper issue for you is the "all or nothing" deal.
I'm not knocking you at all. I respect people who give their "all". I really, really do. In a world of mediocrity, there seem to be fewer and fewer people who really know what it is to give their all.

"All" is one thing.

"Nothing" is a different matter. Just something to think about.

Yesterday, my hubs went 50+ miles an hour down a windy hill full of blind corners on his bicycle. Say what?! Yep. All or nothing. Never mind that he could have easily wound up wrapped around a tree. But he don't see it that way. I really don't get it. He literally threw caution to the wind. So, I told him today I didn't like the idea...and you know what he said? "Oh I've really slowed it down from how fast I used to go a few years ago." Oh, really??????? Okay, maybe it's a guy thing. I don't know.

Then again, he can't understand how I could do my music for 3-6 hours at a time......see what I'm getting at here. There are some things we give our all in and that's our thing....but there are times to be cautious....and it sounds like you are concerned about seizures and rightly so......some people are never going to understand why we would give our "all" to certain things......it's not for them to figure that part of us out. The problem arises when what we are doing is actually causing us harm and/or interfering in a good balanced life.