View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 06:59 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Cosima11

Hi Mera, sorry this is really random and possibly not helpful at all.. but I watched this documentary called "Alison" about Alison Botha, a woman who was raped, had her throat slit, was disemboweled and left for dead. But she survived and went on to fully recover and give inspirational speeches.

As someone who has also been through trauma (although not of that magnitude) I know what it's like to feel stuck in the past but her story really seemed to be what I needed to hear at the time. Unfortunately I couldn't find much else online or on youtube but if you have access to the documentary I'd highly highly recommend watching it.

I'm really sorry to hear about your job and your car. I knew someone who relapsed after 6 months and got a DUI on his first night out. It seems awful and tragic but if you can use it as motivation to right your ship now rather than sometime down the line, you can save yourself from months or years of continued misery and wasted time. Keep posting and keep reaching out!