View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 08:04 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
MindfulMan
No Dogma Please

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
i realize this "discovery" has really shocked and surprised you. remember you don't have to do anything about it RIGHT NOW, it's not a fire, it's a problem.

now one thing this former crack addict was thinking.....who leaves lines??? who leaves ANY??? especially uncovered under a desk....just doesn't sound like someone super "experienced and proficient" with it all.....

obviously any drug use is upsetting, but perhaps it's not AS BAD right now. talking to your mom about this can be tricky.....chances are good she will try to deny that you see what you see, claim it's left over from New Years 1999, or just get hostile and tell you to mind your own business. but maybe she'll hear her daughter's concern and fear. i hope that is the case.
I had the same thought.

As a former cokehead, I always say "When do you stop doing cocaine? When it's gone. And it's 4am and your dealer has gone to sleep and you've snorted cigarette ashes on the off chance that it was blow. Then you stop." Leaving coke laying around is not the behavior of a compulsive addict.

While a parent doing drugs is of course far from ideal, there is a difference between doing an occasional line and having a full on coke habit. It may be something closer to the former. I'm not so sure people would be as concerned if a mother had an occasional glass of wine.

VERY GLAD you're talking to your therapist about this, who will probably have a good deal of insight and potential solutions. Please keep us posted.