View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 12:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Really bad relapse

I had 9 months of sobriety this time. There is no excuse for drinking, but as a background, this is what happened. I have recently been let go from my job which was crushing for me. I knew it might happen as I was in substitution for a woman on maternity leave but when my boss gave me the news he said he wasn't going to rene my contract because I had made too many mistakes. On Wednesday I went to family mediation and was bullied and beat up on by both my ex and the therapist. I left the appointment and Immediately stopped at a bar for wine. I kept drinking at home with a bottle I bought at the bar. I then went to pick up my kids from sailing school and when I was nearly home I barely tapped another car. But we stopped to see if there was any damage, there wasn't but she started complaining out her neck and wanted to call the police. I feld and she followed me and eventually the police arrived. They gave me a brethalizer and found out that I was obviously drunk. They took my car- forever- that is the law in Italy, you never get your car back. Ad they took my license. It will probably be revoked for 6 months. I'l have a fine to pay.

This is not even touching the emotional issues. I can't even talk about that now because I am so numb. I have been a wreck since then and don't know how I can come back from this. All I want to do is drink.