View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 06:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
nightshade131

Originally Posted by Teanowforme83 View Post
Hey, no I don’t see a therapist anymore. In my late teens up until early twenties I had one, but to be honest, therapy never worked for me. And the GP’s are generally useless. Been on/ off Prozac and everything else all my adult life and at the mo taking nothing. I just want a clear head but I’m struggling.
I’m not even sure how much of an alcohol problem I had and whether I was dependent or not. I basically could put away 2-3 bottles wine every other night without being too wasted. Comfortably drink 2 bottles that’s for sure whilst still holding my ‘dignity’ if I even had any. But then over three pregnancies and breastfeeding I managed to abstain. So I have been able to just ‘stop’, if that’s sense or even a difference?
However, past few years i’ve Felt like’ve Needed the wine. And when telling myself I would stop, I couldn’t help myself and bought the wine. And this was all drinking alone- not social drinking.
Not sure what my point is. Guess I’m trying to figure out what relationship I have with alcohol and if I can ever go back to it. But it’s got me into so much s**t over the years you wouldn’t believe it. Surprised I haven’t severely f**ked my life up.

Hello Tea,
I can completely relate to everything you have said! (Except the pregnancies bit, though). I keep lapsing back to day one, but each time I am sober for longer and during those times I am learning about myself and what alcohol does to me. Sober brings out some serious anxiety in me - which was already there, but alcohol dulled it. So now I have taken to listening to some hypnosis videos on youtube. They have really helped to calm my mind and keep me focused. I also tend to fall asleep listening to them, which is also a bonus.

Congratulations on being sober, keep at it!

xx