View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 09:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
AmbyMarie

5 weeks today!!!

5 weeks ago I took my last drink, or should I say, had my last bottle of vodka!! A whole freaking bottle!!! That was not an ordinary occurrence so much, but my God it scared me straight!! My Dad, Mom, and husband are so proud of me, heck, I’m proud of myself!! 5 weeks ago, I never would have imagined I would have made it this far! The first week was BAD, I had extreme healthy anxiety beating myself up for the years I abused my body due to alcohol. But every week since, I have tried to forgive myself, and focus on getting well and healthier. At 35, I feel blessed to have had my wake up call ow, rather than later. A few moments the AV was trying to get to me, but I’ve stayed strong! Went to see my Mom last week who is a heavy drinker, all different liquors, wines and beers available and I said NO to them all! She drank, I stayed sober, it felt great!! I know it’s very early days, but finding myself again, and sober me is such a wonderful person, think I would like to have her around a very long time😊. Thank you SR, I check in every day, this site has been monumental in keeping me level headed and sober!