Thread: The Quit Team
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 04:50 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
racingthoughts

Hey hc. long time no talk.

If your relationship with weed at this point isn't troublesome to you and life is satisfying, then I say do what works best for you. I'm not going to try and preach to you about sobriety. People get clean for good because they find that moderation doesn't work and continuing to use is more painful than sobriety.

From what you're saying, it sounds like you're an anomaly when it comes to addiction. Smoking once in a blue moon is possible for you apparently, and it doesn't interfere with life. This certainly wasn't possible for me. After going back after six months, at first I convinced myself that this would be a once in a blue moon thing. A week later it was a weekend thing. Three days later it was an every other day thing. When I didn't have any weed two days later like I was supposed to, I panicked. Then it turned to not smoking before 3 PM. I realized at this point that I had no desire to moderate, and this turned into me being suicidal three months later.

I do think that you should perhaps reflect on why you feel the need to smoke every once in a while. It doesn't sound like you enjoy it. To me, the risk-reward thing here seems kind of irrational. But hey, only you can decide what works for you.

Glad to hear that you seem to be doing well in general, and I truly hope it stays this way.. As you know, we'll always be here if things ever deteriorate again.

Take Care,

RT