Old 06-21-2018, 03:13 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Willow00

Friday night date night at a pub...

Hi everyone 😊 from a warm and sunny winter’s morning in Oz 😊 It’s warmer today (15C overnight) and going up to 25C, it’s simply gorgeous! 😍

I totally agree Free!
“Venuscat, SoberLeigh, Gilmer, Dee, STD, you people are the best with insight and support to everyone.” ❤️❤️❤️
 I am eternally grateful to you all for your inspiration, insight and support 😘

Sooo it’s Friday here and we’re going out for a “date night”, our first dinner date since I stopped drinking nearly 6 weeks ago.... to a new outdoor pub that my husband has been wanting to check out for quite a while. So... we usually used to share a bottle of red wine (by share I mean hubby had a beer and one glass of wine and I drank the rest of the bottle and sometimes ordered another glass or two and usually had some sneaky wine before and/or after dinner too)... It’s going to be a challenge tonight being at a pub for dinner but I’m determined not to drink. I’ve already googled the menu, and found a drink I want to try, a non-alcoholic drink with mint, apple, cucumber and lime juice, not very imaginatively called “All the Greens” but sounds very refreshing, and most importantly doesn’t have any alcohol in it...

Oh and funny thing I just thought I’d share, it’s maybe a little weird but it’s maybe helping me stay sober? When I refer to my previous drinking habits, I keep starting them by writing them in present tense, (including this message), so I’ve been writing “when I drink, I drink lots etc” but I have been going back and correcting them all to past tense... “when I drank I used to drink lots...” because I don’t want drinking to be part of my present or my future. I want it to be in my past... Maybe I’ll start to automatically write it in past tense soon... and hopefully by writing it that way it gives more weight to drinking really being only in my past...

Much love to you all, thanks to you all for being here and listening, stay strong this weekend everyone! 😘