View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lessgravity

70 days sober - thank you SR

Thank you to SR, for all its flaws and miracles - an amazing place to have found. Being here in all different ways - from a lurker, a frequent poster, disappearer, reader, drunk and now sober - has been absolutely essential in my journey to sobriety.

I've never been this sober for this long in decades. And I finally, finally know in all of my being, that I'm going to be sober forever.

To anyone new or who is not new and is struggling - like many have said before me, if I can do it so can you. I fell off the wagon, drank with terrifying irresponsibility, sacrificed so much of what was good in my life to the booze - and yet here I am, sure in my sobriety, finally. It can be done and it's is a better life. That realization - just how better life is sober, has finally come from within me. It took a long time, and lots of screw ups, pity-parties and work to get here.

I credit SR with so much of what is in my toolbox and my understanding of addiction, loss, pain, peace and sobriety.

I'm just getting started on this sober path. And I'm excited to see what I am finally able to do with my life. It can be done, and we each have it within us to save our selves from our selves.

Thank you again, truly, to everyone here.