Old 06-20-2018, 09:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Nowsthetime

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
Wouldn't you prefer to know if someone you once loved was dying? .
No. I have come to realize that people come into your life and then leave and that is OK. Since I started working on sobriety about four years ago I started learning about boundaries and all the people that brought me hurt I cut out of my life. That does not mean I don’t love them, that just means I love myself more and I am not willing to put myself through any hurt or pain because of them. I have that power to set that boundary and that is that. It has been so liberating to know that these people will never contact me again and that I will never have to hear from them. Do I wish things were different? That I could have a relationship with some of these people and that they acted another way and didn’t hurt me? Absolutely! But the truth and reality is that they are not so I have to accept that and then take charge and set boundaries to protect myself.

I have started the journey that comes from the inside and changing myself. No more negative talk, no more focusing on others more than me. This is our only life and we determine how it is lived. I have followed your journey and I am really rooting for you !!!