View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 03:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JOHNNIEH63

Hi Steve,

If you can, just try and take a moment before jumping ahead and worrying about what's happened. I know that's easier said than done, but trying to second guess what happens next is a trap to fall back to what comes easiest ... and we all know what that is !!

It's the most natural thing to just want to fix everything immediately, solve all the distressing stuff so that you have a flat playing field.
I have been a binge drinker too, for a long time. It's like beating yourself up or self-harming, and that's the frustration. Don't feel ashamed or guilty, many of us have our similar horror stories.

I too had a situation where my wife did the same things some years back, and I wanted to find the guy and do serious damage. Luckily that never happened, but I still tracked the phone number down and phoned his wife, drunk, to ask politely, if he'd refrain from contacting mine. I don't know whether their marriage survived, but my actions weren't all that honourable to me. It's done though, and I try not to look back.

I tried Antabuse some years back, and in all honesty I couldn't cope with sober life at the time, so I waited 6 days and got hammered again. Not saying it wouldn't be useful to you, but urges are powerful and you have to be honest and keep taking them. I'm on day 60 today, feeling better, and all I take is some anti-depressant medication that the Dr gave me.

If I can do it, I think you'll be able to - my binge drinking was heavy.
Wishing you all the best,
Johnnie.