View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 07:15 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
ProfessorD

Originally Posted by Minion09 View Post
ProfD... nope no self loathing and hatred, direct that hatred at the drink!! Right back... best place to be! You can!! This disease is sooo Cunning and baffling! Again, I say there is a power greater than ourselves that one is God as we understand him. Left to our own way, we fail each time because we aren’t made to do this alone! We can’t,but with complete surrender to something far greater, we can. I truly believe that.

Tonight I too felt for a few minutes that I could but I paused-replayed in my head where “I” get’s me every time and that’s to a place of self loathing and despair. I don’t want that anymore and therefore have to hand it over to that higher power who can, and does every time I let go of it!

So, dust off, it’s not failure but rather learning. All those days added up... you learned stuff in those sober days and that’s not lost and means something! This minute and forward is ahead put back into action what you gained and don’t sit with what you think you’ve lost. Stronger you are, just look... you recognized, stopped, owned it and now you push past to tomorrow. Much love!
Minion, thank you. I wish I had more thoroughly read and responded to your earlier post. I saw it, but didn't take it in, obviously. I am not a religious person and I don't believe in God but I totally think I am missing the HP idea or fill-in. The "why." I appreciate you, and thanks for sharing your struggle and experience Good for you for playing the tape forward tonight