Thread: Little update
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 05:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
but I’m not entirely honest with them about anything really, especially my drinking. They can’t help if I don’t talk. I have to do something about it.
ya know,snufkin( where did your avatar come from,btw? seems i remember that character from childhood books.) it took ya a lot of courage to walk into that meeting. you can use that same courage to open up to your doctor. it would be brave of ya to do that.
do you have any phone numbers from members yet? if you do, use that courage to make a call to them now and then- even if ya just say,"hi. im only calling to do something new and different and say hi."
even if its just to say,"i know ya dont live that far away, but hows the weather over there?"
did you happen to get a big book yet? when i was early in recovery i had quite a problem with the mental obsession( personally this happened about a month in- i was too dam miserable for the first month to even want to drink, but after a month- oh booy!). many,many times i just sat and read the big book. many times i had to reread what i read because i couldnt remember what i read because my mind was all over the place.
and many days i didnt drink one minute at a time. quite often it was down to one second at a time.
there were days all i could do is read the BB,pray, and not drink one second at a time.